Moriah N. Costa
• Freelance Journalist and Editor August 2019- Present
Provide copy and editing for various publications on investing, finance, cannabis regulation, travel, and more. Published in Hidden Compass, Synchrony Bank, Money, and more.
• Investor Junkie Managing Editor February 2020- March 2022
Oversaw and edited articles from freelancers, wrote two weekly newsletters, helped with marketing campaigns, and assisted with updating and editing older content on the website.
• Investing.com Financial Journalist Oct. 2, 2017- Dec. 9, 2019
Covered daily pricing stories of commodities, forex, and cryptocurrencies. Wrote the daily U.S. futures and opening bell stock stories, as well as economic indicators, earnings reports and feature analysis on wider trends in the industry.
• Altfi News Editorial Intern Jan. 4, 2017- Sept. 29, 2017
Covered alternative financing and wealth management in the U.K. Wrote a three-part series on the impact of Brexit on the fintech industry in the U.K. Assisted with research on the global industry.
• S&P Global Market Intelligence Banking Reporter Nov. 23, 2015- Sept. 2, 2016
Covered national banking regulation in the U.S. Used data to show how regulations could impact banks. Covered daily market stories and bank earning reports.
• Watchdog.org Education Reporter Nov. 3, 2014-Nov. 20, 2015
Covered education in the Washington, D.C. area with a focus on charter schools.
• Washington Business Journal Research Assistant Aug. 25, 2014- Oct. 31, 2014
Researched companies in the Washington, D.C. metro area and wrote stories for special publications.
• Thomson Reuters Editorial Intern June 9, 2014- Aug. 15, 2014
Covered national economic and political stories in Washington, D.C. Fact checked reports during Department of Labor lockups.
- City, University of London, Master’s in Financial Journalism, June 2017
- Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Bachelor’s in Journalism August 2015
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2021 Solas Best Travel Writing Silver Award for Culture and Ideas for Blue in Toulouse published in Hidden Compass. March 2022.
- 2016 Goldschmidt Fellow. Weeklong government data training in Washington, D.C.
- Society of Professional Journalists Region 11 First winner for Online In-Depth Reporting. Part of the team at Arizona State University that worked on a feature on Arizona’s water future. April 18, 2015
TECHNOLOGY AND SOFTWARE
Working knowledge of: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, Excel, SEO
Basic knowledge of: HTML